KnuckleHeads MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KnuckleHeads MLB League

Community for all members of our MLB 11 The Show League

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess Pitch

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guess Pitch Empty Guess Pitch Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:18 pm

DJack_03

DJack_03

What is everyones thought on the "Guess Pitch" option?

I actually think it adds to the realism of the game.
Major Leaguer's go up to the plate looking for a certain pitch in a certain zone all the time. This allows them the ability to zone in on an area and stick to it. If they don't get thier pitch they layoff it. Just my thoughts.

I didn't know if there was any debate on this option but thought I'd bring it up.

Thoughts?

2Guess Pitch Empty Re: Guess Pitch Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 pm

SAV-L

SAV-L

I like it, always use it but I can go either way

3Guess Pitch Empty Guess Pitch Reasoning Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Danielson34

Danielson34
Admin

Hey guys, I figured we would get some feedback on my decision to keep the guess pitch option off. My reasoning for this is 1. It adds a level of skill to our league. It forces patience at the plate and i speak for a lot of people who could improve on that area of our game. 2. It keeps games close, baseball is a sport that can change on one pitch, and by keeping the guest pitch off, it amplifies the impact of making a clutch hit. I've played all of my games with the guess pitch off and have had results of 1-2 losses and 5-3 wins just the same. 3. It puts all of us on the same level. Meaning rookies to veterans will have to adjust to this implication at the same rate so everyone has a chance to compete with the rest of the league no matter experience. I balanced this rule change by us using classic controls. I myself prefer the analog controls, but i want EVERY member to be able to be competitive and this was the easiest way to make that happen.

I love seeing the community in action, there are no bad questions so keep asking.

Thank You

https://mlb11.forumotion.com

4Guess Pitch Empty Re: Guess Pitch Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 am

dsnyd22

Yeah I personally hit better with it off because your not tempted to swing every time you guess something but thats just me. I wouldnnt mind it on bc some players can not use it, if they choose, when batting. If your pitching against someone using it then it changes it up a little and makes you change your pitching strategy which keeps you on your toes. Thats just my input. Batting avergages tend to be about the same on or off. But I can deal either way. No problem

5Guess Pitch Empty Re: Guess Pitch Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 pm

SAV-L

SAV-L

sounds good to me, can't wait, so when can we officially start?

6Guess Pitch Empty Starting Day Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 am

Danielson34

Danielson34
Admin

we start Tuesday the 22nd of March, 2011.

https://mlb11.forumotion.com

7Guess Pitch Empty Re: Guess Pitch Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Opsdawg21

I agree that guess pitch should be turned OFF.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum